Wednesday 31 October 2007

Halloween Party

So Luke dressed up as "Spiderman" for Halloween, by putting on his Red Sox attire (hat and shirt) and the pumpkin glasses. He shot webs out of his wrist with great enthusiasm.
Andressa (from Brazil) is a very good friend who moved into Summertown House with her family at the same time we did. She and I met doing aerobics the first January we were here---we were on the back row totally confused together. She had a much better excuse than I did as she was still mastering English as a second language. I'm still mastering coordination!
Anyway, she's in the red shirt in the picture above, and was trying to help all the kids make ghosts out of balloons and toilet paper. This is immediately after my "find the hidden pumpkin" game failed because I forgot how dark it would be at 5:30 PM (we had daylight's savings time a week ago). She and I had planned this party together.
Caleb in the "Trick-or-Treat" shirt Sweetie gave Luke 3 years ago.
In the end, the party was a bit crazy. About double the people Andressa and I thought were coming showed up (which was okay, but just unexpected) and with the age gap being what it was between the children---the games we'd come up with didn't work so well. And, some of the older kids wanted to turn out the lights and tell scary stories which totally terrified the little ones (especially Luke) who lost all confidence and wouldn't leave our sides.
In the end, both of our kids crashed from their sugar highs and went to bed early. Maybe Halloween's not such a raw deal for parents, eh? :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I don't blame Luke at all. I don't like scary stories. It still sounds as though a good time was had by all.

CLB