Thursday 20 September 2007

The morning after.....

Once I'd had some time to put things together, Caleb had a blast playing with his new toys. He loves to walk behind this new walker/rider.
And he loves to sit on it and push ALL the buttons to make lots of noises. (Check out the fat roll on his wrist!!)
In the meantime, Luke and I are spending Caleb's afternoon nap time in remedial arts and crafts class. His teacher says he's not "keen on participating with the crafts," so I'm trying to work on that. Hard to do when you're not so crafty yourself. I'm just trying to get him interested in painting and coloring busses, cars, trucks, and the likes. Any advice on helping-him-to-want-to-participate-in-these activities at school is very welcome...... Right now, I feel like I spend 20 minutes getting everything ready for painting, 5 minutes actually painting, and 20 minutes cleaning up the mess.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just be happy if he wants to scribble. I don't know too many boys who are interested in coloring. Unfortunately, you need those skills to be able to hold a pencil and print. I admire you for trying. I like the table.

CLB

allison said...

Ha! Way to go for trying. At this point Mason is more interested in coloring than Carter. Ann had a way of getting their attention for more than a nanosecond in doing crafts at creche. I, on the other hand, can't get Carter to sit still for almost anything (except tv and sweets.) :) Keep up the good work.