Thursday 6 September 2007

Getting the winnings home......

Following such displays of their manhood, Clark and Chris were not allowed to compete at that booth again. So we set off for new challenges. Whether it was an attempt to re-live the euphoria of winning something (the size of a couch) in front of a crowd for your small child, or whether it was a genuine desire for equality---we'll never know. But.....Chris insisted he try a different basketball contest so he could win something for Caleb.
Long story short, Clark won a stuffed shark.
No sooner had we collected all 3 of these abnormally large stuffed animals, the 2 guys said, "Well, we'll see you each at home. We have to go get our bikes."

Here's Abbey pushing our stroller with Scooby, Theo, the white tiger, and Sammie, the shark. We had about a 10-minute walk to the car with everyone staring and pointing at us. I'm still laughing at how funny it was.
Just to underscore once again the size of Theo.......this is a DOUBLE bed!!! I had to cover it's face with a blanket because I screamed when I went in to check on Luke before I went to bed.
Sammie the shark sleeps in Caleb's room. Many thanks to Clark and Abbey for their help in keeping equality in our house---now Luke, Caleb, and I all get to sleep with overgrown animals. Ha!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

WOW!!! Good job Christopher (and Clark, too). All those years of basketball served you well. I bet Luke was thrilled. The look on his face holding the tiger Those stuffed animals put JoAnna's to shame. How will you get them home? I am glad you have met Clark and Abby. I know you miss Allison and Eric. You both have made lasting friends during your Oxford adventure.

CLB