Saturday 25 August 2007

Fredricksburg Gardens and Copenhagen Zoo

One gorgeous Tuesday morning, Luke, Caleb, and I set out early and walked to the zoo.
Click on this one to get a larger view, but there is a brown bear just in front of Luke. My heart skipped a beat when I saw it, but I somehow managed to get a picture before running down to grab Luke up and move him away to the side a bit.
This zoo was incredible! There were not only a zillion animals, but there were playgrounds throughout as well, and a petting farm.
The highlight for Luke was definitely the sprinkler system. He got completely soaked.

After the zoo, we had a nice picnic in the park. Then I walked the 2 miles back to our apartment with both boys snoring.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Luke appears so calm about the bear. It is strange to see a bear sitting on a limb so close to the fence. I love the picture of Luke holding Caleb. Such a good big brother. Too bad you didn't have someone pushing you the two miles back to the apartment. Were you ready for a nap? CLB