Thursday 31 January 2008

Enjoying some sunshine....

My handsome guys under our favorite tree.
It has really struck me lately that Caleb is now the exact age that Luke was when we first moved here. I don't know how many countless pictures I have of Luke in this same coat (as what Caleb has on) on this same play-set only it was the fall and not the winter. Caleb, however, is so independent. Two and a half years ago, I had to climb all over this thing to get Luke up and on it. Once on it, he would have been fine but he struggled with all the various methods of scaling up to the inside.Caleb does it all on his own. And, while I used to walk around the sides to "make sure Luke didn't fall off," Caleb manages fine with no protective hand behind him. Funny that I'm falling right in with the stereotypes of how parents treat first and second borns.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The second child has no choice. You just do whatever. Caleb will definitely be your sports star. He is so coordinated and not afraid. Luke will be his protector.
CLB