Thursday 20 November 2008

What happens when Chris is away...

Fortunately for me, Chris has always been a co-parent----present and equal. But a few weeks ago, he had to go out of town and I was left (with lots of grandparent help) but on my own at bedtime. After several days without baths, my "big" guys were needing to be cleaned. I got them situated in the bath tub and went to help Paul who screams from about 6 - 9 every night unless he's eating. It did make me laugh, but here is Paul all set up with a bottle.
BUSTED!! When I went back to check on these guys, they had raided the linen closet and gotten EVERY TOWEL we own and put them in the tub so they could "climb on wet mountains."
"Do you think this is funny?"
"Oh, she doesn't think this is funny," Luke says, with a face that spells out the birth of a conscience. I have a greater appreciation for single parents and for what 2 little boys can do in one minute or less.

3 comments:

Christa said...

I'm glad to know my little boy is developing normally. That sounds like something he would do, or at least may do soon once he thinks of it.

In the future when I worry (as I have been off and on) how I'm going to keep up with two little boys, I'll just think of you and be glad for the moment that I don't have three. :)

allison said...

I love this story! Not to ignore how difficult this had to be for you, but it's just so hilarious! I was laughing out loud. Erik and I agree that the "birth of a conscience" line was so good.

Anonymous said...

Such creative little boys.... always thinking. I bet Caleb said "It's all right. Nothing broken."
CLB