Sunday 15 July 2007

Friday the 13th

So I've never actually had a really terrible Friday, the 13th until this one. It all started at 3:56 AM when the alarm on the building with the laundry machines went off. It flashed and beeped at an incredibe volume for 15 minutes. By this point, Chris was so frustrated he had turned on the lamp and started reading. Eventually, we turned the lamp off, fell asleep for about 20 minutes and then Caleb was awake. Anyway, I'm not going to continue in this detail.......but by 10:45 in the morning, we had been to a play group and Caleb had spilled my freshly poured hot tea down his chest (which blistered up immediately) and Luke had gotten so freaked out he ran off. Luke was rescued by a nice lady who knew where to bring him because I was screaming his name as loudly as I've ever screamed anything. We eventually made it to the hospital with a calm Caleb (he'd screamed for the full 45 minutes between being burned and arriving at the hospital) and a very upset Luke. Luke was quickly calmed down by the fun toys in the waiting room at the hospital, I was told Caleb wouldn't be scarred for life, and things started looking up. It was at this moment I realized it was Friday, the 13th. Once we got home from the hospital, we ate lunch and we all took naps. The picture above is of Caleb in his bandage. He'll have it removed on Monday at the doctor's office. Thankfully he seems to be feeling totally fine. When I think back over this day, what strikes me most is that it was total strangers who made this very bad morning not turn into the worst day of my life. I am so grateful.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Caleb looks very brave. What a Friday the 13th!!!! Most people in this crazy world are nice and caring.

Sweetie